FQAC – Terms of Reference
Faculty of Agriculture & Plantation Management
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the Faculty of Agriculture and Plantation Management with a mandate to create a culture that seeks to continually improve the quality of all academic and other activities in the Faculty.
2. Committee Composition and Meeting.
(ii) Heads of Departments
(iii) Chairperson of the Curriculum and Academic Development Committee
(iv) Chairperson of the Research Development and Higher Degree Committee
(v) Chairperson of the Teaching and Learning Committee
(vi) Coordinators of the Postgraduate/External degree programmes
(vii) One Senior Lecturer or above representing each of the Departments
Chairperson shall be nominated among its members at the Academic Syndicate and appointed by the Faculty Board.
Quorum shall be 50% of the membership.
The committee shall meet at least once in a semester or at such times as the Chairperson, Faculty Board or the Committee shall consider necessary. It may also consider matters by correspondence, subject to report.
D. Terms of Office
Terms of office for members of this committee will be three years (except for Ex Officio)
3. Responsibilities and Duties
- To promote quality enhancement activities within the faculty liaising with Curriculum and Academic Development Committee, Teaching and Learning Committee, Research Development and Higher Degree Committee and other Faculty committees and d
- To liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit of the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka and Quality Assurance Council of the University Grants Commission in facilitating the conduct of external reviews in the Faculty
- To facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in external review reports, and monitor progress in their implementation.
- To liaise with IQAUs in other higher educational institutions, to share good practices and enhance the quality